Monday 8 February 2010

The First Post.

My name is Joanna and I am an aspiring actress.

Well right now I'm unemployed.

You see, I have come to the point where I have done everything I can at this moment in time. I went to drama school, I graduated, I worked solidly on three different jobs for six months, and now I'm here. Unemployed. Not knowing what is around the corner. Hmm.

It's tricky, this kind of life. It's tricky to keep your feet on the ground and keep your head in your dreams. Lately I've wondered if I'm losing my belief. I don't think this is entirely possible though as there is literally nothing else in the world that I could do that would make me as happy as creating a role. Except maybe have a family and lord knows that's a little way off.

I find myself in limbo:

New house.
Boyfriend gone.
Jobless.
Poor.

But I'm ok. My belief will come back and until then I will work in cafes for next to no money and audition for short films for no money at all.

Bloody hell. Who'd wanna be an actor?

No comments:

Post a Comment